Nigeria has a huge population of over 200million people and this entire population depends on staple foods produced from Farms and other farm produces for their daily meals and sustenance. This ever increasing population and low level of farming practices in Nigeria results in high demand of these farm produce above the supply.
Nigeria is blessed with a land mass of about 98 million hectares, out of which 83 million hectares are suitable for cultivation but with only 30 to 34 million hectares presently under cultivation. There are large expanses of fertile farm lands lying fallow across the nation. Nigerian land area when measured in sq km is about 910,770. So, Nigeria has one of the biggest expanses of land in Africa of which 70 percent is available for farming.
Nigeria possesses tremendous agriculture potentials. These include a large array of flora and fauna naturally fertile and irrigable land and diverse agricultural climate stretching from the highly forested humid south to the savannah vegetation zones of the north.
It should however be pointed out that even with its diverse climate and soils the country has a huge agricultural potential if its soils and other natural endowments are well managed.
Why you should invest in Katawa Farmland
Farming in Nigeria has taken a dramatic turn to a better direction in recent years, creating jobs and opportunities for entrepreneurs who dare to go into farming business and the Government is willing to empower any would be farming entrepreneur/investor to fight against food insecurity and importation.
Below are the important reasons why agriculture investments are as good as green gold….and why you should invest in katawa farmland.
- FOOD PRODUCTION: Agriculture is important because it is the Main source of food all over the world.
- SOURCE OF INCOME: Farming is a source of wealth for the Farmers. Millionaires are currently being made every year through farming in Nigeria and there is certainly no end to the prospects of creating more wealth through farming in the following years.
- SOURCE OF RAW MATERIALS: Some of the farm produce serves as raw materials .for example, Cotton ,cassava etc
- AGRICULTURE IS IMPORTANT FOR MEDICINE: Many medicine drugs are obtained from agriculture. For example: herbs
- AGRICULTURE IS IMPORTANT FOR CLOTHING: Agriculture is the largest source of cloth materials. These cloths materials are obtained as cotton (for jeans, bedding materials etc).
- EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES: Agriculture market is one of the biggest sources of employment. The employment can be direct or indirect.
- AGRICULTURE IS IMPORTANT FOR NATIONAL REVENUE: Agriculture is the biggest source of national revenue for government in most countries until recent past many countries relied on agriculture exports as to keep up economic growth.
TYPES OF AGRICULTURE
The Two Major Types of Agriculture are;
- ANIMAL REARING: Agriculture practices which involves the rearing of animals for meat production. Poultry, birds, diary animals and also animal that serves as beast of burden- aides in transportation of goods and man. Livestock farming is a very important aspect of agriculture in Nigeria, the Nigeria community depend mostly on meat from cows and chicken, turkey, duck, pigeons and others.
- LAND CULTIVATION: This Is the practice of growing a series of different types of crops or plants in the same area in sequential seasons.
EXAMPLES OF LUCRATIVE FARMING BUSINESS (UNDER ANIMAL REARING)
(1)FISH FARMING: is the principal form of aquaculture, while other methods may fall under mar culture. Fish farming involves raising fish commercially in tanks or enclosures, usually for food . Examples are cat fish and tilapia which are in high demand.
(2)POULTRY FARMING: is the raising of domesticated birds such as chicken, turkeys, Ducks, and geese for the purpose of meat or eggs for food .
Others include: Cattle, pig, Snails and Goat farming.
EXAMPLES OF CROPS AND PLANTS THAT CAN BE GROWN FOR BUSINESS
FOOD CROPS: These are crops that are mainly planted for human and livestock consumption. For example Yam,cassava,maize,wheat,rice,beans,plantain,melon,potatoes,Fruits ( Pineapple, Guava, cashew, mango, carrot etc) and vegetables(okro etc)
CASH CROPS: This is an Agricultural crop or plant which is grown for sale to return a profit. Examples include cocoa, tobacco, cotton, palm oil, palmkernel, Kola, rubber, coffee, Ginger, garlic
PLANTS such as herbs for medicinal or horticultural (flower) purposes
BENEFITS OF KATAWA FARM LAND
Katawa properties ltd has done serious research about agribusiness in Africa and oversea. The benefits you are going to get when you invest in katawa farmland are numerous. These includes;
- Katawa farmland is virgin and arable.
- Access to loan with low interest rate : katawa properties will give you loan to work on your land with low interest rate
- Cooperative membership opportunities: You will automatically join katawa farmers cooperative society where you can get other benefits apart from loan.
- Motorable road to the farmland and within the Farmland
- Free from omo onile problems
- Maximum security
- Katawa properties will also help to get buyer for any of your farm products.
- Access to water